November Landscaping Tips and Information
- Winterize your lawnmower and other garden equipment.
- Plan and prepare for winter. Tune-up snow blowers, check shovels and ice melt supplies.
- Winterize your irrigation system, ponds, and outdoor kitchens. Remember your hose bibs as well.
- Are you enjoying your outdoor lighting with the shorter days? Adjust the system timer as needed for the fall and winter.
- Be mindful of dangers while using outdoor fire pits and fireplaces.
- Keep gutters and downspouts clean.
- Remove leaves and debris from your hardscape surfaces to limit stains.
- Compost your leaves.
Flower & Vegetable Gardens
- Time is running out: Plant spring flowering bulbs such as, daffodils and tulips.
- Cut back perennials, 6-12” from the ground.
- Rake and remove leaves from lawn areas.
- Apply a winter fertilizer.
- Winterize your irrigation system.