December Landscaping Tips and Information
- Winterize your lawnmower and other garden equipment.
- Plan and prepare for winter. Tune-up snow blowers, check shovels and ice melt supplies.
- Winterize your irrigation system, ponds, and outdoor kitchens. Remember your hose bibs as well.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Remove leaves and debris from your hardscape surfaces to limit stains.
Flower & Vegetable Gardens
- Time is running out: Plant spring flowering bulbs such as, daffodils and tulips.
- Cut back perennials, 6-12” from the ground.
Tree & Shrub Beds
- Apply anti-desiccant ( wilt-proof) treatment to broadleaf shrubs to prevent evaporation during the winter months and protect these plants from winter damage.
- Winterize your irrigation system.